Wednesday 5 November 2008

LittleBigLiveblog

Okay, I have my copy of LittleBigPlanet in my hand - join me as I jump into Media Molecule's lavish creation for the very first time!

(latest updates at the bottom)

14.09: Firmware Update apparently.
14.23: Two patches...
14.35: Sackboy is installing game data? Yay!
14.38: Stephen Fry, how I love your voice!
14.40: My first LittleBigTrophy =D
14.43: Introduction done.
14.48: First Steps done - these Trophies rack up quick =P
15.18: And that ding means I've completed The Gardens! Time to venture online...
15.34: Some of these levels are amazing! Great ones here from the beta that I remember too: World of Colour, Mirror's Edge and my own level of course.
15.42: Back into the single player - to the Savannah!
15.55: This game really sucks you in, carrying on to the next level is compulsive...
16.01: "My Patch!"
16.04: Meerkat Bounce is one of the minigames they showed at E3 and Liepzig, tres amusant.
16.16: Right, Savannah done, South America next, but I'm gonna stop for a bit - too much awesome is bad for the mind. Back soon!

20:02: Okay so I couldn't keep myself away for too long - screw you homework! Let's go Create!
20.03: In the beta, you had templates for all the area themes available to begin creating with, in the full game you have to earn them. No fair :(
20.04: Now I'm in the create mode (with a Savannah template, natch) and having spend mucho de time in the beta creating random and downright creepy stuff, I can say for sure that the creating is a helluva lot more stable than it was back then.
20.06: Turns out I've unlocked a lot of content playing through the game so far. I'm gonna have a play in Create now (unfortunately I'm having server issues and can't play online at the mo).
20.22: The enhanced robustness of the tools and the amount of content unlocked has really shown me the potential of LBP. And having seen so many amazing levels with the limited tools available in the beta, I am really excited to see where this game, nay - platform, will go in the future.
20.27: Just so you know, when you publish your first level, any levels you uploaded during the beta will be pulled back down to your account. Handy. And yes, you can revieve the social trophies if they apply to beta levels too.
20.38: Okay, had a bit of a play around - hoping to get some proper building time in over the weekend, but for now back to the solo game.
20.51: In the Wedding levels now (South America) and one thing has become apparent in my move West: this game is beginning to get very, very challenging.
21.02: That Gold trophy for completing the game without dying? We don't talk about that.
21.17: LittleBigPlanet demands nothing but your utmost attention. Anything else -you die. Screw it, you die anyways.
21.27: Okay, Wedding done; Mexico next!
21.28: Mexican levels about some crazy uncle, and revolve around expolosives.
21.47: Tough stuff here. Some genius gameplay using just simple ideas though, can't wait to see what the community comes up with given some time. One thing you do find with original levels vs PSN levels is depth though; obviously I'm not talking about how far down a level goes, or even the level of gameplay, but the way the stages are decorated - there's always something going on - it's this sense of busy-ness that makes you want to replay every level, just in case you've missed something (often you have).
22.01: Okay churning my way through the main game now, but I'm gonna jump online for a bit briefly before finishing for the night.
22.04: So many levels to bring up your Trophy count if you are so unclined (and by the play count a lot of people are).
22.07: Lots of pure genius levels though - I find myself going instinctively to improved versions of beta levels (LittleBigColossus for example), but things like the calculator I've previously talked about and the Gradius-clone you may have seen around the web lately are very impressive.
22.17: I'm gonna head off for the night, a bit of homework to finish before sleeptimes, toodles! See you here tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment